Kentico Software, a fast-growing CMS and cloud software company with offices in Europe, Asia-Pacific, and North America, today named Belfast Waterfront as its Site of the Year for 2016. The website showcases Northern Ireland's world-class entertainment and conferencing venue.
The Belfast Waterfront website, built for Belfast Waterfront and Ulster Hall Ltd. (BWUH) by digital marketing agency i3 Digital, featured a complex list of requirements:
- Migrate the former Waterfront site—built on a different CMS platform back in 2007—to a new, more contemporary Kentico CMS platform
- Create a site with a modern, responsive, and engaging look and feel while meeting the needs of varying kinds of site visitors
- Take advantage of advanced capabilities, including dynamically changing banners and image carousels, to add depth and greater visual interest to the site's various pages
- Use filtering capabilities to share upcoming shows and performances
- Tap into Kentico widgets to add a newsletter subscription tool and provide website visitors with access to the latest news and press releases about the venue
- Display FAQs in accordion listing formats, as well as standard HTML page content
- Draw upon a built-in media library (video and audio) so that BWUH end-user stakeholders could add rich media on demand
- Include functionality to permit BWUH staff to coordinate the venue's events and social media activity
"We are delighted that Belfast Waterfront was recognized not only as Kentico's Best Entertainment, Hospitality and Entertainment Site 2016 but also their Overall Site of the Year 2016," said Catherine Toolan, Managing Director of Belfast Waterfront and Ulster Hall Ltd. "The newly re-developed site is a vital tool for communicating with our key target markets and the Kentico CMS platform has enabled us to do this with ease. It is a great honor to have been chosen as Site of the Year 2016 amongst such esteemed global competition."
"i3 Digital worked extremely closely with stakeholders from Belfast Waterfront to gain a full understanding of their needs," added Adrian Bradley , CEO and Founder or i3 Digital. "We conducted and facilitated several user-experience workshops and trained Belfast Waterfront staff in the use of the Kentico CMS. The new site design is much cleaner, more modern, and has an exponentially more engaging look and feel than the previous site. It's a great way to showcase this truly outstanding venue."
"Partners and customers are taking the Kentico platform to greater heights with each passing year," observed Petr Palas, CEO and founder of Kentico. "It's amazing what has been accomplished with the Belfast Waterfront site. Being presented with such stunning visuals and having so much information at your fingertips makes you feel like you are literally there in person. It's a great use of digital technology."
About Belfast Waterfront
Belfast Waterfront, Northern Ireland's only purpose-built conference facility, is situated in the heart of Europe's trendiest city destination for business travelers. With a unique location on the banks of the River Lagan, the stunning 7,000m2 state-of-the-art venue provides spectacular riverside views and easy access to transport links, hotels, restaurants and attractions, and can accommodate conferences and exhibitions for over 2,000 people. Belfast Waterfront is also Northern Ireland's home of live entertainment, having welcomed major international artists and events from a multitude of genres, from classical and opera, pop, and rock music to theater, comedy, dance, and more.
About i3 Digital
i3 Digital delivers full digital transformation by integrating online processes into everyday business practices. As a multi award-winning agency with 20 years' experience, they use their finely honed digital skills, technical knowledge, and design know-how to create measurable results for their clients. From innovative app development to integrated digital marketing and communication platforms, and high-availability 24/7/365 hosting and facilities management, their team is there to meet your needs.
Kentico's product line includes Kentico EMS, the all-in-one CMS, E-commerce, and Online Marketing platform and Kentico Cloud, the comprehensive cloud-first headless CMS and digital experience platform.